Friday, February 12, 2010

5 Weeks




Lyndsee earned a special treat for doing her "5 weeks." For those who are around her you know that she decided to do "5 weeks with no sugar." She decided this totally on her own and completely stuck to it! Scott and I joined her, because we didn't feel right eating sugar when our 7 year old was abstaining. We took Sundays off and made some yummy desserts. Her teachers and friends mothers were amazed at her, she wouldn't even eat teddy grahams. She continues to make healthier choices and I'm totally proud of her. So Scott and I told her she could have some sort of a reward and she chose horseback riding. We went to Cave Creek stables (north of Scott's work in Scottsdale) and took a two hour trail ride through the beautiful Sonoran Desert. We had a great time, but Lyndsee wished her horse would have galloped a little more, they were quite tame. I think she enjoyed meeting her dad for lunch and seeing his office almost as much as the trail ride.