Karen, Lisa, Cynthia, and Lindy (Sharon wasn't there for the picture)
We had so much fun at the Islands 5k last weekend. It is a small neighborhood run benefitting our elementary school's PTA with a 5k and a 1 mile fun run. Lyndsee and Brianna did the one mile run and did a good job run/walking. Logan was going to run the 5k but had a scouting conflict, so he chose to go to the Boy Scout 11year old day camp instead. The run was flat, fast and actually a little shy of a 5k according to my Garmin. They had a yummy pancake breakfast after and fun bouncies and games for the kids.
Five of us from our Ragnar Team B.L.I.N.G. showed up at the race, and we all left with a medal!
Lindy - first female finisher (20:52)
Karen - first in her age group (20:55)
Cynthia - third in her age group (25.39)
Sharon - first in her age group (25:46)
Lisa - first in race organization (26:39)
We all got P.R.'s! It was fun to run a local race and even funner to win an age group award! I know I'm a slow runner so this just continues to crack me up. Several other friends also won awards that day, including my 10 year old neighbor who wooped me and got first in his division, a boy Brianna's age who got second in his division (past me the last tenth of a mile) and a ward member who got third in his age group. I will wear my medal with pride!
Go Team B.L.I.N.G.!
No comments:
Post a Comment