Sunday, August 23, 2009
Happy Noises
I guess my kids have gotten used to waking up early since school is back in. This morning Lyndsee came in my room WAAAAYYY too early for a Sunday. She wanted to watch tv but I told her to go play with some toys. Lately I've been threatening to get rid of some more of the kids toys since they rarely play with them. A few minutes later I heard her dragging a bucket of toys out to the family room and I dozed back off. When I woke up an hour later I heard noises in the family room I haven't heard in what feels like years. Logan and Lyndsee were happily playing with Legos. Lyndsee had brought out Logan's old chunkier set of Legos and had built a tower and a truck completed with a wrecking ball. Time and time again the tower went up and the wrecking ball crashed it down. The game modified several times and it was great to hear their imaginations at work. I hated to break up the game to get ready for church. It was one of those moments that I wished I could freeze in time and keep them little forever. I guess I'll keep the Lego's...for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man those moments are wonderful!
Post a Comment