Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Saturday Chores

I just found this video that Logan took on a Saturday morning several weeks back. I didn't realize he was taking it. I thought it was a pretty funny glimpse into our routine. No one else may find it funny - but I was really laughing while I watched it. Here's why:

1. Lyndsee is supposed to be doing chores, but she's laying on the couch.

2. Logan is supposed to be doing chores but he is secretly videotaping our family.

3. Brianna is supposed to be doing chores but she is in her room reading (I can't confirm this but I'd be willing to bet on it as this is what happens every Saturday.)

4. There was a cupcake that was apparantly Lyndsee's, but everyone else wanted it.

5. Lyndsee wanted Brianna to have to finish all her chores before she could have it - my quote there is "that will be a long time." I'm pretty sure the cupcake would still be rotting on my counter if we were waiting for that.

I don't expect that much of them on Saturdays. They are supposed to clean their rooms and bathrooms and then do one or two other chores that I choose (like dusting, taking out trash/recycles, a load of laundry, etc.) If they just did the work it would take less than an hour - but usually it takes 3 or 4 hours and sometimes that's just to get their room done! Funny.

2 comments:

Bryn said...

Sounds so familiar!

Janelle said...

LOL! This is totally my house every Saturday! Pretty funny, Logan catching it all on video.