It was a great weekend. On Friday night Brianna had some friends over to watch a movie and Scott took Lyndsee on a date to see Hop. I made the teenagers some treats and then retreated to my bedroom to hide and listen to teenage gossip. :) I realized that Brianna has some really nice friends. On Saturday morning I ran a local 10k. When I signed up I didn't count on it being a record breaking heat day. I did fine, but definitely not a PR - the heat was exhausting. It was still a fun race and morning out with my girlfriends. Logan played football and had a great game. He got an interception, threw a touchdown pass and later caught another touchdown pass. They won the game and he came home happy. He quickly got the lawn mowed and his room cleaned up so he could go to his friends house, where he helped them trim their trees. I really appreciate that Logan is a hard worker! Later that night we went to the park while Scott and Logan went to Priesthood session of General Conference and then Lyndsee had some friends over to watch a movie. She and her friends had a great time too.
During General Conference some people sit on the couch in their church clothes and listen attentively. Some people may take a nap, draw, or play games (in their PJs). Today, I decided to curl the girls hair. It's fun to do Brianna's hair now that she doesn't yell and scream at me for it. She is usually even appreciative of me doing it. Lyndsee wasn't so thrilled that she got curls too, since she thinks of herself as more of a sporty girl, but she consented to the picture after she realized I had tricked her into getting her hair curled too. It was a good way to pass the time, and it kept the girls sitting still for awhile during the afternoon session of conference.
Lately alot of people have been telling me that my girls look just like me, especially Lyndsee. Of course I think that is the ultimate compliment since my girls are both gorgeous. I guess after looking at this picture I definitely see the resemblence, especially with me and Lyndsee, but maybe it's just the matching hairstyles. But either way, I'll take the compliment. I love my girls and think they are adorable, but I am super proud of how kind, responsible and compassionate they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment