Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Herb Bread

This bread is frequently requested at my house.  It is so good served with olive oil and herbs to dip it in.  The recipe comes from one of my favorite friends, and not surprisingly a lot of my favorite recipes come from her! She is a fabulous friend (and great cook) who for some reason, still unclear to me, moved to the middle of nowhere...and I miss her. :)

Herb Bread

1 1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 t. salt
3 1/4 cup flour
1 Tablespoon (heaping) dried Basil
2 teaspoons yeast

Add ingredients to breadmaker in order listed and cook according to breadmaker instructions.

A lot of times I make the dough and let it rise in the breadmaker and then form it in to a round loaf and cook it on my cooking stone at 350 for about 20 minutes. 

I'll try to post a picture when it's done.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Okay, I do live in the middle of nowhere! But I like it here! Love that bread....I bought new little oil dipping dishes (red of course). But I have been lazy and haven't made the bread in while. You have reminded me to make it again soon!

DaLynn Brown said...

I made this bread today and I love it. My roommate thinks its the best thing on the planet. :)